Saturday, October 8, 2011

Brazilian Blue Cactus- Pilosocereus azureus

Spectacular! No, I don't own this but saw one earlier today at my local nursery. I am so tempted to bring one home; I didn't even realize a cactus could be blue. It was only after I came home and researched it that I found out most blue cactus are Brazilian in origin, like this one. That being the case, it's obviously destined to be somewhere in my life. They say it likes full heat and sunlight...check. But it's only frost hardy to about 40F...probably would have to keep it in a container so I can move it around as needed. Hmm... I'll have to see if anyone else in Phx has had any success with it.

1 comment:

young grasshopper said...

I am not a fan of cacti, but this is beautiful! I've lived in Az most of my life & had never seen such a thing :)